Amana Kenmore WP12544001 Water Valve
Amana WP12544001 Dual Water Valve (Primary)
Used for Side by Side Ice and Water Models That Also Use The 12544101 (Secondary) Water Valve.
Replaces Part Numbers: 12544001, AP6005462, PS11738511, EAP11738511, AH11738511, 12313401, 12313403, 12318901, R0000242, Y12445301, R0000242, 12313401, 12313403, 12445301, 12318901, AP4013715, AH2007677, EAP2007677, PS2007677.
- Pull the refrigerator away from the wall far enough so you can access the water line connection and work on the back of the refrigerator. Place a towel under the water valve assembly to catch water.
- Unplug the refrigerator or shut off the circuit breaker for the refrigerator.
- Turn off the water supply to the refrigerator.
- Remove the screws that secure the service panel on the back of the refrigerator and remove the panel.
- Remove the screw(s) that secures the mounting bracket to the frame of the refrigerator.
- Pull water valve out of refrigerator cavity.
- Disconnect each wire harness at each solenoid of valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Disconnect water supply at valve by unscrewing compression nut.
- Disconnect water tube connecting to outlet port.
- Now to install water valve.
- Connect water supply line tighten nut until snug.
- Next connect water outlet tube and tighten nut until snug.
- Attach wire harness leads to their respective solenoid coils.
- Insert water valve into refrigerator cavity and attach water valve mounting bracket screw(s).
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- Take a glass & run about a quart of water thru the front dispenser to flush out air that is in the system.
- When all is good, attach back cover and slide refrigerator back into place.
- Now it’s all done and ready to make ice & deliver clean water.
You can really do it yourself without having to pay for a repairman for such a simple task.