Frigidaire Kenmore 218698900 Dual Water Valve
(3/4″ Threaded Inlet) (5/16″ & 1/4″ Threaded Outlets) ($109.95)
Out of Stock
218698900 Frigidaire Dual Water Valve (Primary)
Replaces Part Numbers: AP2114949, PS428495, EAP428495, 12765.
Also used with Frigidaire 218658000 Dual Water Valve (Secondary)
- Pull the refrigerator away from the wall far enough so you can access the water line connection and work on the back of the refrigerator. Place a towel under the water valve assembly to catch water.
- Unplug the refrigerator or shut off the circuit breaker for the refrigerator.
- Turn off the water supply to the refrigerator.
- Remove the screws that secure the service panel on the back of the refrigerator and remove the panel.
- Remove the screw(s) that secures the mounting bracket to the frame of the refrigerator.
- Pull water valve out of refrigerator cavity.
- Disconnect each wire harness at each solenoid of valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Disconnect water supply at valve by unscrewing 3/4 inch Fitting.
- Cut water tubes close to each connection at each port (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Now to install water valve.
- Connect water supply line tighten fitting until snug.
- Next push water tubes respectively until all the way in (make sure in all the way to ensure no water leaks).
- Attach wire harness leads to their respective solenoid coils.
- Insert water valve into refrigerator cavity and attach water valve mounting bracket screw(s).
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- Take a glass & run about a quart of water thru the front dispenser to flush out air that is in the system.
- When all is good, attach back cover and slide refrigerator back into place.
- Now it’s all done and ready to make ice & deliver clean water.
Follow these simple steps of installation and you can really do it yourself without having to pay for a mechanic for such a simple task.