Whirlpool Kenmore 4318046 Water Valve (Only)
Whirlpool 4318046 Dual Water Valve ONLY
New Style – (1/4″ threaded Inlet) – (1/4″ & 5/16″ Easy Slip Outlets)
This Is The Dual Water Valve ONLY.
Replaces Part Numbers: 2002182, 4210533, 627403, 627431, 627580, 627859, 627890, 627937, 627963, 628164, 628184, 628185, 628238, 628275, 628295, 819493, AP3103466, AH358630, EAP358630, ER4318046, PS358630, 8216, 850733, 876070, GVI-1002, GVI1002, GVI-901, GVI901.
- Pull the refrigerator away from the wall far enough so you can access the water line connection and work on the back of the refrigerator. Place a towel under the water valve assembly to catch water.
- Unplug the refrigerator or shut off the circuit breaker for the refrigerator.
- Turn off the water supply to the refrigerator.
- Remove the screws that secure the service panel on the back of the refrigerator and remove the panel.
- Remove the screw(s) that secures the mounting bracket to the frame of the refrigerator.
- Pull water valve out of refrigerator cavity.
- Disconnect each wire harness at each solenoid of valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Disconnect water supply at valve by unscrewing compression nut.
- Cut water tubes close to each nylon nut where they connect into old valve (Keeping note where each one goes) (You will not be using the old nylon nuts).
- Now to install water valve.
- Connect water supply line by reconnecting the compression nut tightly.
- Next insert water tubes respectively as far as possible into ports of new water valve.
- Tug on the water tubes to make sure their seated properly.
- Attach wire harness leads to their respective solenoid coils.
- Insert water valve into refrigerator cavity and attach water valve mounting bracket screw(s).
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- Take a glass & run about a quart of water thru the front dispenser to flush out air that is in the system.
- When all is good, attach back cover and slide refrigerator back into place.
- Now it’s all done and ready to make ice & deliver clean water.
Follow these simple steps of installation and you can really do it yourself without having to pay for a mechanic for such a simple task.