Kenmore 46-9002 Whirlpool 8171413 (Filter 8)
DISCONTINUED BY WHIRLPOOL!
Mounts Vertically at Rear Wall – Twist to Remove & Replace.
Size approx. 5 3/4 inches (length) x 3 1/2 inches (diameter) – Similar in shape of a vehical oil filter.
Used to fix the following Symptoms:
Not dispensing water
Ice maker not producing ice
Leaking at filter or water dispenser.
Replaces Part Numbers: EDR8D1, 4273172, EAP11722139, PS11722139, AH11722139, AP5983568, 8171414, 9002, 8171788, 8171787, 8171413R, 2213384, 2206048, 2206039, 2204326, 2204324, 8171413, AP3118273, AH390643, EAP390643, PS390643, 8171413P, 8171413T, Aqua Fresh WF286.
8171413 Replacement Instructions
- Twist the old filter a quarter-turn counterclockwise
- Pull the filter straight down and discard (the water will shut off automatically)
- Push the new filter up into the fridge until it stops
- Twist the filter a quarter-turn clockwise
- Reset your change filter light (if your fridge has one)
Maintenance For Refrigerator Water Filtration System.
- Flush Filter with Water from Dispenser (Approximately 2 gallons) until Water Runs Clear and air is purged from system.
- Write the date of installation on the filter and mark your calendar for 4 – 6 months as a reminder to Change Your Filter.
Resetting Your Filter Change Indicator
- Press the light switch (the one that the refrigerator door presses each time you close the door) 5 times within 10 seconds.
- OR: if the refrigerator has a filter button, press and hold it for 5-10 seconds.