W10865826 (Primary) Water Valve (5/16″) Outlet
(1/4″ Threaded Inlet) (5/16″ Easy Slip Outlet) ($34.95)
Whirlpool W10865826 (Primary) Water Valve WPW10238100 (5/16″) Outlet
Has 1/4 inch threaded inlet – 5/16 inch easy slip outlet
Replaces Part Numbers: WPW10238100, W10238100, PS11750831, W10498992, AP6017532, AH11750831, EAP11750831, WPW10394076, W10833705, 2979596, AP5670807, EAP7320545, PS7320545, AH7320545.
Also used with WPW10341329 Dual Water Valve (Secondary)
Also used with WPW10341320 Dual Water Valve (Secondary)
Also used with WPW10455331 Dual Water Valve (Secondary)
- Pull the refrigerator away from the wall far enough so you can access the water line connection and work on the back of the refrigerator. Place a towel under the water valve assembly to catch water.
- Unplug the refrigerator or shut off the circuit breaker for the refrigerator.
- Turn off the water supply to the refrigerator.
- Remove the screws that secure the service panel on the back of the refrigerator and remove the panel.
- Remove the screw(s) that secures the mounting bracket to the frame of the refrigerator.
- Pull water valve out of refrigerator cavity.
- Disconnect the supply water line.
- Disconnect wire harness at solenoid of valve.
- Cut water tube close to outlet port where it connects to old valve.
- Remove old water valve.
- Now to install new valve.
- Insert water tube as far as possible into outlet port of new water valve.
- Tug on the water tube to make sure it’s seated properly.
- Attach wire harness lead to the solenoid coil.
- Insert water valve into refrigerator cavity and attach mounting bracket screw(s) to frame of refrigerator.
- Next connect the supply water line. Tighten nut snugly.
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- When all is good, attach back cover and slide refrigerator back into place.
- Now it’s all done and ready to make some sparkling ice & Water so you can relax and enjoy your favorite cold beverage.