WPW10312696 Dual Water Valve ($44.95)
(5/16″ Easy Slip Inlet)(1/4″ & 5/16″ Easy Slip Outlets)($44.95)
Whirlpool WPW10312696 Dual Water Valve
Has (5/16″ Easy Slip Inlet) – (1/4″ & 5/16″ Easy Slip Outlets)
Used for Some Freezer on Bottom Units for Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana, Jenn-Air, KitchenAid and Kenmore 596. Series Refrigerators.
Replaces Part Numbers: AP6019288, W10312696, PS11752594, AH11752594, EAP11752594.
- Slide refrigerator out enough for you to get behind and work.
- Disconnect power and turn off water supply to refrigerator.
- Remove screws off holding the back cover.
- Remove water valve mounting bracket screws.
- Pull water valve out of refrigerator cavity.
- Disconnect each wire harness at each solenoid of valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Cut water tubes close to each port where they connect into old valve (Keeping note where each one goes).
- Next insert water tubes respectively into ports of new water valve.
- Tug on the water tube to make sure it’s seated properly.
- Attach wire harness leads to their respective solenoid coils.
- Insert water valve into refrigerator cavity and attach water valve mounting bracket screws.
- Turn water on and check for leaks.
- Take a glass & run about a quart of water thru the front dispenser to flush out air that is in the system.
- When all is good, attach back cover and slide refrigerator back into place.
- Now it’s all done and ready to make sparkling ice & deliver clean water.