- Locate the existing filter. It will be located behind the light cover above the top shelf on the right hand side.
- Remove the top shelf. This will give you more room to remove and install the new filter.
- Remove the light cover by pressing the release clip on the bottom of the cover and pulling the cover out and up to remove the light cover.
- Locate existing filter and remove it by turning it counter clockwise.
- Holding new filter in your hands, carefully remove the packaging and sanitary end-cap from the new filter.
- Check the black o-rings making sure they are both on and not damaged (torn or cracked).
- Locate the Start arrow found at the top of the instruction label on the back side of the filter and Align the Start arrow with the arrow on the refrigerator filter head.
- Apply slight upward pressure and rotate the filter clockwise until the Stop arrow on the front of the filter label is aligned with the arrow on the refrigerator filter head.
- Ensure filter is fully installed in the refrigerator filter head a full 1/4 turn. This is required to activate the internal valve inside the refrigerator.
- If the filter is not turned 1/4 turn the valve will not fully open and may cause the water flow to be slow, or even cause the valve to make a chattering noise during use.
- Dispense water for approx. 2 gallons making sure that air and water is completely flushed from the system.
- Replace the light cover and top shelf.
- Locate and follow instructions on use of date label for your filter.
Resetting Your Filter Change Indicator
- Hold down the LIGHT/FILTER button for 3 seconds.
Maintenance For Refrigerator Water Filtration System
- Flush Filter with Water from Dispenser (Approximately 2 gallons) until Water Runs Clear and air is purged from system.
- Write the date of installation on the filter and mark your calendar for 4 – 6 months as a reminder to Change Your Filter.