- Locate existing filter and remove it by turning it counter clockwise. The filter will eject slightly with a clicking sound.
- Holding new filter in your hands, carefully remove the packaging and sanitary end-cap from the new filter.
- Insert the new filter into the refrigerator filter receptacle. With the handle in the vertical position, push the new filter into the housing until it stops. When inserting the new filter, twist the handle slightly left to right, while pushing inward.
- Rotate the filter clockwise a full 1/4 turn until you feel it stop. Ensure filter is fully installed in refrigerator head a full 1/4 turn. This is required to activate the internal valve inside the refrigerator.
- If the filter is not turned a full 1/4 turn the valve will not fully open and may cause the water flow to be slow, or even cause the valve to make a chattering noise during use.
- Run water from the dispenser for 5 minutes – (about 2½ gallons) to clear the system and prevent sputtering.
- Reset your ‘change filter’ light (if your fridge has one).
Resetting Your Filter Change Indicator
- Hold down the LIGHT/FILTER button for 3 seconds.
Maintenance For Refrigerator Water Filtration System
- Flush Filter with Water from Dispenser (Approximately 2 gallons) until Water Runs Clear and air is purged from system.
- Write the date of installation on the filter and mark your calendar for 4 – 6 months as a reminder to Change Your Filter.